- 4 lbs Chicken (drumsticks/thighs)
- Cajun Seasoning (Tony Chacheries)
- 2 eggs (large)
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 1 tbsp hot sauce (Salsa Valentina)
- 3 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp oregano (dried, crushed)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin (toasted)
- 1/2 tsp rosemary (ground)
- ~6 cups Frying Oil
Season chicken with cajun spices and let rest covered (bagged) and refrigerated, overnight.
Mix flour and seasonings.
Dredge chicken in flour, then buttermilk, then flour again.
Fry in oil in a deep pan until cooked through and any juices run clear.
Drain on paper towels and hold in a warm (~170 ° oven) as you fry all the chicken.
13:50 CST | category / entries / recipes
permanent link | comments?