- 2-3 large potatoes, cooked, diced
- 2-3 tbsp chicken bouillon powder (lightly coat potatoes)
- 2-3 tsp black pepper, ground (lightly coat potatoes)
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Celery, Bacon, Carrots (optional: sliced, diced to taste)
- 1-2 tsp garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Herbs (to taste)
Cook potatoes until tender (recommend: properly microwave).
Dice potatoes into ~1/2 inch cubes.
Coat with salt, pepper, chicken bouillon powder, set aside.
Melt butter in soup pot, dice onions, vegetables, etc
Cook until onions are translucent, add garlic towards the end (so as not to burn)
Mix together vegetables and coated potatoes in the soup pot.
Add enough boiling water to barely cover / float potatoes, and simmer ~30 minutes.
In separate frying pan, melt butter and mix with flour to make a roux.
Temper in milk/cream, and herbs.
Transfer herbed milk roux to soup pot.
Blend ~50% of the soup to thicken.
Serve, top with bacon or croutons.