- 16 tablespoons (226 grams or 2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (300 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups (350 grams) all-purpose flour (we use Gold Medal unbleached all-purpose flour)
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
Cream wet ingredients, whipping until fluffy.
Blend in eggs, one at a time.
Sift together dry ingredients.
Add by thirds to wet mixture.
Wrap in plastic and cool in fridge (~30m) so dough is slightly hard and can be formed into balls.
Form into balls, roll in cinnamon/sugar mixture.
I used less cinnamon, but dusted the cookies with more cinnamon halfway through baking
Bake at 400 degrees for ~10 minutes.